What’s The Best Coin Size?
Although it depends on what are you going to use them for
- Smaller than 1″. Are used as tokens, or pendants.
- Between 1″ and 2″. Used for Wedding Gifts and other giveaways.
- From 2″ to 2.5″. Work great for Military Units, and Corporate Awards.
- 2.5″ and Larger. Make a big impact on Years of Service Awards.
What Type of Finish Should My Coin Be?
- If you want your coin to look like a piece of jewelry, then you should add sandblasting and maybe even a satin finish.
- If you want your coin to have “character” then you should consider adding an antique finish.
What is Different About Soft & Hard Enamel
Both enamel techniques will allow you to have an almost unlimited amount of colors, (using PMS color matching).
The main difference is the feeling: while hard enamel colors feel solid and smooth to the touch, soft enamel colors give you a depth perception, the coins have a textured feeling, that some enjoy.
For very small details, you can also have some silkscreen or 4-color process printed on top of a hard enamel base.
How is 3D different from 2D?
A 3D coin die is carefully sculpted into the brass, while a 2D coin stamped on the brass itself.
Your coin can be done completely in a 3D way or it can be mostly stamped and some elements done in 3D. It is up to you and the way you are imagining your design.
What if I Don’t Want My Coin To Be Round?
Your coin can be made in any shape you want: round, square, rounded borders, triangular, hexagon, shield shape… it can even be made to the shape of your design.