I am making a product for d.t. textiles and i wanted to know what symbols I should put on my care label. The fabrics i used is brown a gold diamond fabric made from a silk blend and satin.
You first need to know the countries in which the labels will be used. I think the first references are the current US labels. I think the biggest differences can be seen when you look at the various countries around the world and specifically the far east. You can find much more with a Google search.
These websites will provide you with all the necessary information to help you comply with the Care Labeling Rule
- Clothing Care Labels May Now Use Symbols Instead of Words
- Textile Industry Affairs
- Care Labels Symbols
- The Educational Resource for Fabrics, Apparel, Home Furnishings, and Care
- Clothing Care Labels Captioning: Complying with the Care Labeling Rule
- MORE CARE LABEL INFO – Federal Trade Commission
- Main FTC CARE INFO – good info here
- Writing Care Labels
- More Care info